When you think of a romantic night in, images of a cozy fire with your favorite person, sharing a bottle of wine, and just enjoying each other’s company come to mind. That’s why our bed and breakfast is one of the best romantic getaways in Wisconsin. Our gorgeous garden and forested grounds offer ample space for exploring together, pretty guest suites are private and packed with amenities, and breakfast is always taken care of.
When planning romantic getaways in Wisconsin, you’ll want to really envision what you’d like your time to look like. A day hiking through the vibrant fall foliage, followed by an intimate dinner? An afternoon out exploring the shops of downtown Sparta, a tasty late lunch at a cafe with lattes, and a cozy night in by the fire? These moments are all offered and attainable on any stay with us.
Our Wisconsin Bed and Breakfast is set on a pastoral, organic farm, surrounded by trails and wooded areas for exploration. The resort has luxury suites or private rustic cabins for all kinds of romantic getaways in Wisconsin. The lodge is the best place to visit in the morning for a steaming cup of coffee, house made baked goods and breakfast fare. Feel free to take your morning meal back to your suite to enjoy in solitude together.
Romantic Getaways in Wisconsin at Our B&B
Why Wisconsin in the Fall? First of all, you really can’t beat the colorful show that our local trees put on each year. Bright oranges, golds, and reds pepper the landscape making hiking in the woods, scenic drives, and outdoor activities all the more special. This stunning backdrop alone makes romantic getaways in Wisconsin something to remember.
Here are six of our favorite things to do on romantic getaways in Wisconsin during the fall:
- Hiking under the colorful fall foliage at the nearby state parks and nature reserves. The Kickapoo Valley Reserve is a great spot for birdwatching, hiking, and canoeing. This location has interesting geological features, giving visitors a glimpse of the landscape of the Driftless Region. On your romantic getaways in Wisconsin, you may also want to check out Grandad Bluff which is about 600 feet above it all. The panoramic views and private outlooks are the perfect place to steal a kiss!
- A special dinner for two! There are a bunch of great options for an intimate meal within 30 minutes of our Wisconsin Bed and Breakfast. Head to downtown Sparta for a starter cocktail or glass of wine at the local favorite Cork & Barrel. For elegant upscale dining, The Waterfront Restaurant in La Crosse WI is the ultimate spot for a romantic dinner together with old world wines and thoughtfully prepared meat and seafood dishes.
- After a lovely dinner out on the town, save dessert for when you get back to our Wisconsin Bed and Breakfast. We have the best fire pit on our grounds for drinks and home made s’mores. Couples can take in the gorgeous expansive night sky—you won’t find starry views like this anywhere near the city.
- Our resort is home to two exciting and regulation disc golf courses. While this might not sound like the most romantic of games to play, there’s something to be said for a day outside, breaking a sweat, and having playful camaraderie that lawn games can evoke.
- Spend a day on the Driftless Region Wine and Cheese Trail. It’s a fantastic way to get a lay of the land, all while eating some of the creamiest cheeses our area has to offer and sipping on some amazing locally made wines.
- On any of these romantic getaways in Wisconsin, you’ll want to make sure to plan some special time in your suite or cabin. Our most romantic room is the Presidential Suite, fully equipped with a double whirlpool tub, comfy king size bed, and fireplace for cozy evenings in. If you crave rustic romance, pick the Little House on the Prairie Log Cabin. It’s the perfect place for a special getaway for two!
The Most Romantic Place to be this Fall in Wisconsin
Our Wisconsin Bed and Breakfast is a favorite for those looking to rekindle some romance or those just beginning to find it. We’re also a popular wedding destination and the newlyweds often stay on for their honeymoon. It’s the perfect place to spend some quality time together in the beautiful countryside.
You might be surprised by how wonderful our area is for romantic getaways in Wisconsin—especially in the fall! The weather is perfect, warm days with a crisp hint in the air and cozy nights for curling up by the fire. We can’t wait to host you for your next getaway with someone special. Romance awaits, check our availability and book today!