There are a handful of fantastic Wisconsin breweries in this area near Sparta and La Crosse. You’ll find cozy, family-owned operations and big, open spaces with bar games, food options, and a wide variety of craft beer on draft. After an exciting day hiking in the diverse terrain of the Driftless Region, biking the Elroy-Sparta Trail, or kayaking on the nearby rivers, there’s nothing more relaxing than sitting back, sipping on a freshly brewed ale. You earned it!
As a guest at our Wisconsin Bed and Breakfast, your morning meal is included with your stay. Greet the day in The Lodge with a scratch-made hearty breakfast prepared with local ingredients, tried-and-true family recipes, and sweet and savory options. We’re always happy to accommodate dietary restrictions and requests to the best of our ability. A morning spent in The Lodge with hot coffee and fresh-squeezed orange juice is the best way to start your day before exploring the nearby Wisconsin breweries.
Check out our lodging and activities at our Wisconsin resort and get your reservation on the books today!
The Best Nearby Wisconsin Breweries for a Pint
If you’re interested in exploring the nearby breweries in Wisconsin, there are a few options about ten minutes from our resort and a great selection about 30 minutes away in La Crosse, WI.
Here are six of our favorites to check out during your stay:
Wisconsin Breweries near our Sparta Bed and Breakfast:
- Alchemy Brewing: Under ten minutes from our Wisconsin resort, this local brewery recently reopened in a new space this past spring. Head here for creative barrel-aged ales, rich and malty stouts, and hoppy IPAs.
- Footjoy Farm and Brewery: All of the grain used for these brews are grown right on the farm with a focus on heritage and ancient grains, as well as old-time barley varieties. Don’t miss the handmade sourdough pizza with creative toppings!
- Beer Shop: While they don’t brew their own beer here, this is one of the best places in Wisconsin to taste a massive selection of midwest made ales. Bring your growlers, grab a six-pack, or take a seat for a diverse flight or pint from the tap. Outside food from the nearby Sparta restaurants is encouraged!
Wisconsin Breweries in La Crosse, WI:
- Skeleton Crew Brew: This nano-brewery and winery in Onalaska, WI, may not look like much from the exterior, but it’s all about relaxing island-style inside. The back patio space is ideal for enjoying a flight of their on-site brewed beers or Wisconsin wine in the summer.
- 608 Brewing: This ample industrial space is an excellent spot for a fun night with family and friends, with more than 15 beers on draft. Try your hand at the shuffleboard table or find a picnic table on the outdoor patio.
- Pearl Street Brewery: This is one of the Wisconsin breweries located in the historic area of downtown La Crosse. The tasting room, located in the iconic Footwear Building, has 16 beers on draft, many of which are award-winning brews.
Beautiful B&B Suites at our Wisconsin Resort
Our resort offers a variety of lodging options, but for those searching for an adults-only romantic getaway, one of our cozy and comfortable bed and breakfast suites is the ultimate choice. These three beautiful and unique rooms are tucked into our cheerful Foursquare farmhouse. The Presidential Suite (pictured above) is ideal for honeymooners or anniversaries with a king-size bed, BainUltra two-person whirlpool bathtub, an electric fireplace, and a lovely seating area just for two.
Outside on our picturesque 200-acre Driftless Region property, you’ll find miles of hiking trails through woodlands and meadows, two professional disc-golf courses, and a bonfire area that’s perfect for evenings under the stars. Our central location puts you in the ideal place to explore the nearby Wisconsin breweries as well. We can’t wait to host you at our Wisconsin Bed and Breakfast; book today!