One of our favorite day trips is checking out all of the fantastic things to do in La Crosse WI. Nestled on the Mississippi River, La Crosse is the largest city on Wisconsin’s Western border. It is known for its striking bluffs, unique bridges, fantastic outdoor recreation opportunities, and historical monuments. You’ll also find excellent dining options, sweet treats, and great breweries for a locally crafted pint.
There are also many family-friendly things to do in La Crosse WI—from museums to parks and boat rides to shopping, you’ll fill a whole day exploring this riverfront city. As a guest at our Wisconsin resort, you’ll be treated to a hearty, homemade breakfast served in the Lodge each morning of your stay. It’s the best way to start your day before you head out to explore all the things to do in La Crosse WI. A complimentary morning meal is just one of the perks of staying at Justin Trails Resort!
Whether you’re headed to Wisconsin for a family vacation or a romantic getaway, our Wisconsin Bed & Breakfast and Resort has pet-friendly lodging accommodations to fit your needs. From Wisconsin log cabins that sleep four to six guests and cozy jewel-box B&B suites to glamping cottages and traditional campsites, you’ll find every option here. Thankfully, we’re located only about 30 minutes from all of these amazing things to do in La Crosse WI.
The Best Things to do in La Crosse WI this Summer
Head out for a quick road trip through the gorgeous countryside of the Driftless Region to downtown La Crosse for an exciting day trip. There’s no shortage of family-friendly activities, outdoor adventures, and historical landmarks. Here are our favorite things to do in La Crosse WI, this summer:
- Hop Aboard the La Crosse Queen Cruises: One of the best things to do in La Crosse Wi this summer is a ride on a traditional Paddlewheel River Boat on the Mississippi River. They offer various cruise options, from the classic sightseeing tour to a Pizza Cruise, a family favorite.
- Ice Cream at The Pearl: Head to this authentic 1930s ice cream parlor for award-winning homemade ice cream, waffle cones, fudge, and other confectionaries.
- Shrine of Our Lady Guadalupe: This historic Catholic church is located on 100-acres of garden grounds. It’s a popular destination for tourists of all faiths to see the architecture, outdoor sculptures, and manicured gardens.
- Car Exhibits at the Dahl Auto Museum: For an astounding collection of old automobiles and motor memorabilia, this La Crosse museum is a treat for car lovers and history buffs. Kids under eight are free with adult admission.
- Take in the Views from Grandad Bluff: This 600-foot-high ancient bluff overlooks the city of La Crosse. The view includes the Mississippi River Valley stretching out to the three states of Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Iowa. It’s such a breathtaking vista that Wisconsin Trails readers voted this “the most scenic view in the state.” You’ll find a shelter house, coin-operated binoculars, and picnic areas on the bluff.
- Play at the Children’s Museum: One of the best family-focused things to do in La Crosse WI, is head to the action-packed Children’s Museum with a host of fun exhibits, games, and interactive displays for the little ones.
- Grab a Pint at Turtle Stack Brewery: Pop by this independent, locally-owned Wisconsin brewery for nine rotating taps featuring its delicious IPA, golden ale, stouts, and more. There are plenty of great breweries in La Crosse, most welcome all ages, for a hearty lunch or early dinner with the whole family!
Comfortable Lodging at our Wisconsin Resort
There really is something for everyone at our Wisconsin Bed and Breakfast and family-friendly resort. If you’re looking to explore glamping or traditional camping in Wisconsin, Justin Trails Resort is the best place to start. From the minute you arrive at our grounds, you’ll love how secluded and lush our swath of land is in this part of Wisconsin’s Driftless Area. We’re not far from the best things to do in La Crosse WI, for dining and shopping if you’d like to include that in your plans, and we’re just a matter of minutes from downtown Sparta.