There are so many fun things to do this winter near our Wisconsin Bed and Breakfast, that it can sometimes be hard to sift through all of the ideas. We’re here to help, though, with this useful guide on our favorite way to enjoy winter in the Driftless Region! The Driftless Region, located in central Wisconsin, is a delight in the winter, complete with plenty of fun things to do. You’re free to choose from cross country skiing, snowshoeing, and snowmobiling, among other things.
We think Sparta WI is a great place to visit year-round, but it is particularly special when a fresh, untouched blanket of snow covers the ground. Add to your winter adventures a stay at our romantic cabins and Bed and Breakfast, and you have the perfect Wisconsin getaway. Our cozy cabins and romantic accommodations are a wonderful place to rest after a chilly day in the great outdoors. Come see it for yourself, and book a room at our Wisconsin Bed and Breakfast today.
10 Things to do This Winter Near our Wisconsin Bed and Breakfast
Pick any season, and you’ll find something to do in Wisconsin. There’s no one thing that makes any time of year more special than the other, but more people do tend to have the time to travel during the summer months. Join us this winter, and you’ll not only enjoy fewer crowds, but you’ll see another side to this incredible state as well. If you love to bundle up and play in the snow, you really can’t go wrong with a visit to our resort, right in the heart of Wisconsin’s scenic Driftless Region.
Book your room, then head outside to enjoy 1 or more of these 10 fun things to do in the winter here at the Justin Trails Resort:
- Top on our list of great things to do this winter in the Driftless Region is exploring our beautiful property, whether by cross country ski or snowshoe. We have 200 acres of property in the Driftless Area and built a 4-mile network of trails that helps you explore it back in 1985. For added simplicity, we offer snowshoe and cross country ski rentals!
- We also offer a snow tubing hill, for some true old-fashioned winter fun. We open at 10 am and offer a tremendous amount of fun for people of all ages.
- Enjoy stargazing by the bonfire under the crystal clear, dark skies of Wisconsin’s countryside. Our bonfire will help keep you warm and cozy!
- Take your experience at Justin Trails to the next level, and cross country ski, snowshoe, or sled at night! There’s nothing quite as magical as an evening spent under the glow of the moon and snow.
- Enjoy bird and wildlife watching on our property year-round. They love our 200-acres of woodland, ponds, and organic farmland.
- Visit and feed our friendly llamas, Dusty and Rusty! They absolutely love to be fed, and we leave a mailbox outside their house where you will find treats.
- Head off property, and go snowshoeing or cross country skiing at nearby state parks and recreation areas. Popular places include Wildcat Mountain State Park, Kickapoo Valley Reserve, and Black River State Forest with 24 miles of trails groomed by the Department of Natural Resources.
14 miles are groomed for skate skiing.
- Pack in some adrenaline-pumping fun, and go snowmobiling. There are plenty of trails in southwest Wisconsin, including the Kickapoo Valley Reserve.
- Get in a little holiday shopping, and browse downtown Viroqua.
- Take a break from the adventure, and enjoy a day wine and cheese tasting. The Driftless Wisconsin Wine and Cheese Trail is a wonderful tour of southwest Wisconsin’s spectacular Driftless Area.
The Best Wisconsin Resort
Whether you’ve come for cross country skiing or any of the other great things to do this winter in Wisconsin, you’ll see in an instant why the cozy guest rooms and romantic cabins at our Bed and Breakfast make for the perfect weekend getaway. To cap off the perfect day of playing in the snow, imagine waking up to a fully prepared breakfast. It’s the perfect stress-free way to start your day!
We can’t possibly list all of the great things to do this winter at our cozy resort. You’ll have to come to see it for yourself. Book your room at our romantic Bed and Breakfast and cabins today!