Retreats and Parties
The Elegant Barn at Justin Trails Resort is a charming location to host events, meetings, retreats, parties, getaways, reunions, group tours and more!
There are two spaces to rent: The Studio is the first floor and upstairs is the Elegant Barn. Whatever the celebration, make it special in our beautiful farm setting amid the hills and valleys of the scenic Driftless Region.
We are open all year with dog-friendly Wisconsin lodging and outdoor activities including disc golf, hiking, birding, snowshoeing, skijoring and dog-friendly walking trails. Call Donna 608-351-1001 or use this Request for Proposal Form to start planning your next event!
The Studio Includes:
- Large 36-foot x 64-foot Heated and Cooled Room
- Commercial Size Refrigerated Cooler
- Electric Fireplace
- 2 Large Heated Restrooms
- Lounge Area with Seating for 10
- 3 Booths With Seating for 12
- Seven 8 foot Tables
- 2 Round 60 Inch Tables
- 20 Chairs
- 40 Mbps of High-speed Internet
The Elegant Barn Includes:
- Plenty of electricity to host your presentation anywhere.
- Handicap accessible with the ability to drive up to the door.
- Covered outdoor balcony area, great for serving a buffet.
- Inside bar area with choice of 4 different tap beers or sodas.
- Two large restrooms.
- Commercial size refrigerated cooler and freezer.
- Unique 3000 square foot hardwood floor with 6 kinds of wood.
- 1000 square feet of outdoor deck area that wraps around two sides.
- Free parking in lighted 100 car gravel parking lot.
- Peaceful, quiet, private 200 acre valley
- Steep hills and spectacular views.
- Large bonfire area. We can light a bonfire for you to enjoy.
- 8 miles of grassy walking trails.
- Welcome Party
- Tea Party
- Dances and Balls
- Holiday Parties
- School Dances
- Family Reunions
- Parties for teenagers
- Bridal & Baby Showers
- Dinner Party
- Retirement Parties
- Wedding Anniversaries
- Doggie Birthday Parties
- Country Square Dance
- Fundraising Party
- Dinner Party
- Farwell Party
- Enjoy a custom menu for lunch or dinner
- Tour 1919 post and beam Elegant Barn
- Hand-feed pet llama Dusty
- Tour 3 acres of English gardens
- Disc golf demonstration
- Wine tasting
For fun things to see and do in the area, check out these five itineraries:
Business Meetings & Group Retreats
We schedule business meetings and retreats year-round with meeting and gathering spaces in The Studio and The Elegant Barn. The Elegant Barn (shown here) offers a three-season space. The Studio is a heated and cooled four-season space.
The Studio is available for groups up to 75 people.
The Elegant Barn has a capacity of 200 seated at tables.
Make it a Fun Day or Weekend Getaway!
Create DIY art projects together. Play games indoors or outdoors. Stroll miles of grass-covered walking trails. Watch movies. Enjoy a crackling campfire and s’mores. On clear nights, view the Milky Way, constellations, meteor showers and more!
Breakfast served daily from 7:30 – 10:00 in The Lodge caters to every level of appetite and every dietary preference and restrictions (keto, vegan, gluten-free, etc.) and is full of fresh, often locally sourced ingredients.
The Sparta area includes many choices for lunch or dinner. Onsite lunch and dinner options are also available by request.
Artistic Getaway Ideas
- Jewelry Making
- Book Arts
- Photography Workshops
- Colored Pencil Workshops
- Map making
- Floral Decoration
- Landscape Painting
- Watercolor Workshop
- Paper Craft
- Pastel Workshop
- Arts & Crafts
- Plein Air Painting
Yoga Retreat Suggestions
Plan a weekend of outdoor activities on our beautiful 200-acre property
- Walking Meditation
- Making Mala’s
- Ayurvedic diet
Let nature be your guide with beautiful trails winding through Justin Trails Resort, panoramic views and challenging terrain.
Celebration of Life
- Pay tribute to a life lived with lots of laughter and storytelling.
- A chance to say goodbye, honor their memory and look for meaning.
- The focus is on the joy that the person brought to others.
- After the ceremony, enjoy a customized meal.