Winter in Wisconsin brings a magical feeling to the air—hills covered in powdery white, crisp, cold days with bright sunshine and the sound of laughter drifting through the snow-covered woods as outdoor lovers explore and play. Justin Trails Resort is a wonderland for winter adventures, whether out in the snow or curled up by a cozy fire. Our 200-acre property is a testament to conservation, nestled in a private coulee of the Driftless Region.
For those who enjoy the great outdoors, winter in Wisconsin is ideal for cold-weather sports and activities. At our resort, you’ll find a beautiful trail system, maintained since 1985, weaving through our forests and open meadows. On any given day during winter in Wisconsin, you’ll see snowshoers exploring the countryside. Or hear the hoots and hollers from our two groomed snow tubing hills for a fantastic family-friendly outing.
A stay at our Wisconsin Bed and Breakfast and Resort is nothing like lodging at a cookie cutter-style hotel. You’ll have your choice from our charming jewel-box suites, luxury cabin rentals, or fancy glamping options. All of which are pet-friendly! As an overnight guest, you’ll be treated to a homemade breakfast each morning in our rustic lodge, have full access to the gorgeous grounds, and experience our warm and welcoming hospitality every day of your stay.
Come spend winter in Wisconsin with us at the Justin Trails Resort and book your stay today!
The Best Things to do this Winter in Wisconsin
Winter in Wisconsin is bustling with activities—grab your snow pants and your warmest coat and head out into the crisp fresh air. From a day of ice skating in La Crosse, WI, to exploring the resort for a snowshoe adventure, you’ll have an action-packed itinerary for your winter in Wisconsin getaway.
Here are the seven best things to do this winter in Wisconsin:
- Cross-country ski at the Kickapoo Valley Reserve: This nature preserve has around ten miles of groomed trails for cross country skiing, snowshoeing, and winter hiking. Each year, the Kickapoo Valley Reserve hosts a Winter Festival in early January, packed with family-friendly events like sledding, ice cave hikes, and horse-drawn bobsled rides. For more information, check the event page here.
- Whitetail Ridge Ski Area for downhill skiing: Located near Fort McCoy, about 20 minutes from our resort, this charming ski area is perfect for an afternoon of skiing, snowboarding, or sledding. Take a break at the Ten Point Pub for an apres-ski pint or snack.
- Snowmobile the Elroy-Sparta Trail: While this trail is one of the most well-known bicycling routes in the spring and summer months, during winter in Wisconsin, you can explore the historic road by snowmobile.
- Riverside Park in La Crosse for ice skating: Take a day trip to La Crosse, WI, to the historic and picturesque park along the waterfront for a seasonal outdoor ice skating rink. Additionally, during winter in Wisconsin, thousands of sparkling lights adorn the park for their yearly Rotary Lights festival.
- Snowshoe on our Resort Trails: As a guest at our resort, you won’t have to go far from your suite to enjoy winter in Wisconsin. Our four-mile trail network is groomed for snowshoeing or winter hikes. We have snowshoes available for rental in adult and child sizes; after all, it’s an outdoor activity in the snow for all ages and skill levels. You can even enjoy these trails at night with the snow bright with moonlight.
- Check out the snow tubing hills: Another great family-friendly outing at our Wisconsin Bed and Breakfast is our groomed snow tubing hills. We provide a variety of sizes of tubes for your enjoyment!
- Build your own nightly bonfire: There’s no better place for hot chocolate, s’mores, and star-gazing after a day of vigorous outdoor activity than your bonfire area. We provide dry split wood and kindling. Keep warm by the roaring fire with friends and family for a relaxing evening recounting the day’s adventures and planning for more the next day.
Cozy Up by the Fire in One of our Luxury B&B Suites
While there are so many things to do outdoors at our Wisconsin resort this winter, if staying in and keeping warm is more your speed, we have you covered. The Presidential Suite is exceptionally cozy on these chilly days. Put your feet up by the fire and watch the snowfall through the window. Pamper yourself with a bubble bath in the BainUltra whirlpool tub and snuggle into the Comphy sheets on your king-size bed. If your furry companion is with you, all the better!
We can’t wait to host you at our Wisconsin Bed and Breakfast this winter. Check our upcoming availability and book your next getaway today!