If you’d like to explore the Wisconsin wine world, Branches Winery is just outside Westby, WI, and is a lovely stop to add to your itinerary. Branches Winery is known for its lush red varietals, semi-sweet and fruity wines, and unique ice cider. The tasting room is a welcoming space with indoor and outdoor seating, as well as a small menu of meats and Wisconsin cheeses and its regionally famous wood-fired pizzas served on the weekends.
If you’re looking for a place for lodging in the Driftless Region, the Justin Trail Resort has it all. Quaint and charming bed and breakfast suites, private log cabins, glamping options, and traditional campgrounds. Each morning, we host a piping hot and homemade breakfast in the lodge, the best way to fuel up for your adventure-filled day ahead. We offer family and pet-friendly accommodations. You’ll find plenty of activities to keep you busy at the resort, from disc golf and hiking trails to petting our resident llamas and sitting by the bonfire in the evening.
Branches Winery & More Tastings in the Driftless Region
As a guest at our Wisconsin Bed and Breakfast resort, you’ll be in one of the most beautiful areas of the Driftless Region. These Wisconsin wineries are well worth the scenic drive, and you can create your own self-guided tour of the nearby wine tasting opportunities (and more!).
- Branches Winery: This local Wisconsin winery is under a half hour from our Wisconsin Bed and Breakfast and Resort. You’ll love tasting through their portfolio of cold weather varietals, including dry, oaked reds and crisp, fruity whites. The outdoor wood-fired pizzas with tasty toppings and combinations are available in the afternoons and evenings on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. These pair perfectly with a Branches Winery wine flight!
- Vernon Vineyards: You’ll find this vineyard and tasting room just ten minutes from Branches Winery. Make this your second stop on your wine adventure and try their 100% Wisconsin-grown varietals.
- Elmaro Vineyard: One of our favorite places for wine tasting is in Trempealeau, WI, about 45 minutes from our resort. You’ll love the sweeping vineyard views, beautiful Tuscan estate, and wine choices.
- St. Mary’s Distillery: For those who prefer a higher-proof beverage, you’ll be more than pleased with a tasting of their brandies and rums made on site. Be sure to try one of their scratch-made cocktails and tour the beautiful farm. While they don’t offer food, you’re more than welcome to bring a picnic on the stunning grounds.
Wisconsin Wineries in La Crosse:
- Turisimo Winery & Fermentations: Whether you’re hoping to enjoy a Wisconsin wine, cider, or beer, this local La Crosse winery and brewery is an excellent spot for an adult beverage. Keep an eye out for weekly specials before you go.
- Lost Island Wine: This winery may not look like much on the outside, but pop on in for a small slice of paradise and locally made beverages. Stop in for a flight and grab a bottle or two to bring back home with you.
- DnA Vintners: If you haven’t tried cranberry wine, here’s your chance! This popular sweet and tart wine is a local favorite, consistently taking home accolades from state fairs and festivals. The tasting room in La Crosse, WI, is a great place to find out what you think.
Elegant Cabins at Our Wisconsin Bed and Breakfast
After a lovely day of wine tasting at Branches Winery, the spacious, dog-friendly, and family-friendly Sunrise Cottage will be awaiting your return. It’s perfect for those wanting a quiet, secluded experience. The beautifully handcrafted walls are wrapped floor-to-ceiling in walnut, spalted maple, cherry, oak, and basswood, harvested from our surrounding farmland. The spectacular stone gas fireplace is a gathering place that will keep you toasty and warm throughout your stay. There are two bedrooms, each with a king-size bed, making this space ideal for two couples traveling together or a family of four.
We’re looking forward to hosting you at our Wisconsin Resort! All of our unique lodging accommodations offer their own charm and draw. Check out all of our choices here. When you’ve picked the best option for your next vacation to Wisconsin, get your reservation on the books.