For one of the all-time best Wisconsin family vacations, the Justin Trails Resort has everything to delight and excite adults and children of any age group. You’ll have free reign of our 200-acre property with maintained hiking trails, two professional-grade disc golf courses, three pet llamas who love treats, and a bonfire area for s’mores and stargazing.
Our location is also ideal for family expeditions in the Driftless Region of Wisconsin. We’re only 15-minutes from downtown Sparta and about a half-hour from the larger city of La Crosse. Both of these areas are super family-friendly with excellent outings. The best Wisconsin family vacations combine outdoor adventures, planned activities, and downtime for relaxing.
Our idyllic Wisconsin resort consists of bed and breakfast suites, log cabins, glamping cottages, and traditional drive-in campsites. You’ll find three lodging accommodations that sleep up to four guests and the Paul Bunyan Log Cabin, which can house six. All perfect for family getaways to the Driftless area.
Join us for one of the most memorable Wisconsin family vacations, and book your next stay today!
One of the Best Wisconsin Family Vacations
While you’ll find plenty of family-friendly (and pet-friendly) things to do right on our property—from hiking and disc golfing to yard games and bonfires—heading out to downtown Sparta is worth your time. Be sure to join us for complimentary and homemade breakfast each morning at the lodge before you set out.
Family-Friendly Things to do in Sparta, WI:
- Deke Slayton Space and Bicycle Museum: At this memorial museum, you’ll find the story of astronaut Deke Slayton’s life and historical exhibits around the evolution of the bicycle, with more than 80 on display. This is fitting since Sparta is the biking capital of Wisconsin!
- FAST Fiberglass Statue Mold Yard: This local company makes giant fiberglass molds of slides, statues, and animals. Drive your car through the “boneyard” of the used molds.
- Elroy-Sparta Bike Trail: Head to Speeds Bike Shop for rental bikes, repairs, and a shuttle service that brings guests to different points along the Elroy-Sparta Trail—the first-ever rails-to-trails bike path in Wisconsin.
- Shopping in Downtown Sparta: Not only is heading to downtown Sparta a quick drive and fun for the whole family, but this area is also uber-dog-friendly! Around 18 shops welcome our furry friends.
- Sparta’s Wooden Bridges: There are five lovely covered wooded bridges within Sparta, perfect for a stroll or a bike ride. This self-guided walking tour is an excellent addition to any of your Wisconsin family vacations!
- Amish-Made Shopping: Right near the Justin Trail’s Resort is the largest settlement of Amish in Wisconsin, consisting of 300 families. Take a scenic drive around the pretty countryside and look for signs describing their locally made wares. You’ll often find anything from furniture and quilts to baked goods and treats.
- River Adventures: The waterways in our area are ideal for kayaking, canoeing, or tubing. Nearby our Wisconsin resort, you’ll have access to the Kickapoo, La Crosse, and Black Rivers. Ellistone Canoe Rentals offers boats for rent, as well as guided tours for exploring the La Crosse River.
And these options are just the best family-friendly activities to experience in Sparta—you’ll find even more ways to have one of the best Wisconsin family vacations with day trips to La Crosse, WI.
Fantastic Log Cabins in Wisconsin near Sparta
Our 200-acre resort offers more than 10 miles of maintained trails, all family and dog-friendly. If your family consists of avid outdoor lovers, our grounds are unbelievable. You’ll be in heaven from access to the two disc-golf courses and fat tire bike trails to birdwatching in the woods and yard games. Another favorite spot for our guests is making s’mores by the outdoor fire pit!
Whether you’re looking for a luxury log cabin or a more rugged vacation sleeping under the stars for your next family vacation, our Wisconsin Resort has a choice for everyone. We have convenient campsites, cozy cabins, and more traditional lodging options. The Justin Trails Resort is truly a destination not to be missed. Start planning the most memorable of Wisconsin family vacations and book your room today!