We’ve officially made it through the holidays and into the new year, which is the perfect time to start planning your next getaway. Thankfully, Justin Trails Resort near Sparta is one of the best places to stay in Wisconsin for a family vacation, romantic trip for two, or planned group getaway. We offer an impressive selection of lodging options, from luxury suites at our bed and breakfast and cozy cabins to glamping options, as well as fantastic drive-in campsites.
Our 200-acre resort is nestled in the Driftless Region, surrounded by forests, meadows, and untouched wilderness. With a terrain of steep hills and valleys, we’ve curated more than 14 miles of hiking trails on our property, weaving through this diverse landscape. Along these routes, you’ll spot a large variety of bird species and woodland creatures who also call this space home. Our entire resort is pet-friendly, as well, and the trail system is ideal for long off-leash adventures. This is one of the best places to stay in Wisconsin for animal lovers!
When you book our luxury suites and cabins, an excellent seasonal breakfast is included each morning of your stay—guests at our campsites are welcome to add on breakfast service for a small fee. The Lodge is bustling in the morning, with hot coffee brewing and scratch-made goods baking in the oven. Starting your day with a hearty meal and lively conversation is the best way to fuel up for outdoor excursions on our property.
One of the Most Relaxing Places to Stay in Wisconsin
For those searching for one of the best places to stay in Wisconsin, peace-seekers and adventurers alike, from luxury log cabins to charming jewel box suites where you can really cozy up, each has its own personality, charm, and laid-back warmth to suit every style and occasion. All of our luxury suites, cottages and log cabins are pet-friendly, so no need to leave your animals at home; they’re welcome to join you on your adventures.
Here are some of the highlights of what you’ll find in our cottages, B&B suites and log cabins at one of the best places to stay in Wisconsin:
- Comphy linens and elegant duvets dress the comfortable king and queen-size beds, perfect for evenings snuggled up by the fireplace. Each of our B&B suites, luxury cabin rentals and glamping options has its own thoughtful decor and charm.
- The majority of our B&B suites, log cabins and cottages offer relaxing BainUltra whirlpool tubs with powerful air jets strategically located at the base of the tubs to deliver a therapeutic acupressure-based massage that triggers a chain of beneficial physiological reactions from head to toe, reducing tension, relaxing muscles, combating stress and eliminating toxins. Enjoy fluffy robes and plush towels to make sure you’ll be extra cozy after a long soak.
- All of our lodging accommodations have beautiful views of either our manicured gardens, rolling green hills, meadows, or woodlands. You’ll truly feel immersed in nature and a world away from city life. We encourage our guests to take it all in, relax and explore as much as you would like during your stay.
- We’re also one of the best places to stay in Wisconsin due to our central location. Only ten minutes from Sparta and about a half-hour from La Crosse both boast excellent shopping and dining options. You’ll also love that the Elroy-Sparta Trail, the very first rails-to-trails bicycle trail and one of the most popular biking routes in the country, is just six miles from our resort.
- One of the main things that set us apart from other lodging options in the area is our home-cooked breakfast each morning. The menu changes frequently, but usually includes Donna’s homemade granola, yogurt with fresh fruit, fluffy French toast topped with locally made maple syrups, or a savory chef’s choice egg dish. Bacon, locally sourced from Foss Fine Meats, is served on the side upon request. We’re happy to cater to every level of appetite or dietary preference, so please let us know ahead of time to plan accordingly.
- For those who love to cook (even on vacation), our lodging includes kitchenettes with essential tools like microwaves and refrigerators for making a delicious meal. From May to October, the Sparta Wisconsin Farmer’s Market is a great place to pick up produce and products. Being able to prepare your own snacks and meals is a huge bonus when traveling with kids.
Explore at One of the Best Places to Stay in Wisconsin
One of the greatest things about our resort (and what brings our guests back year after year) are the onsite outdoor activities to experience. Spend a day leisurely exploring our 14 plus miles of grassy mowed-like-a-lawn maintained trails. Bring your binoculars and plan on some birdwatching, our peaceful habitat is home to more than 86 species of birds. Try your hand at disc golf on our two professionally designed championship disc golf courses.
Meet and hand-feed our three friendly llamas—a favorite activity with the little ones. And spend the evening star-gazing by the bonfire, making s’mores and memories. Snacks and adult beverages are available for purchase in The Lodge. Our resort has everything you’ll need and want for an exciting and activity-filled getaway! Join us this year and see for yourself why we’re one of the best places to stay in Wisconsin. Book today!